Keys to Success
Have fun! Enjoy your time at the Jr. High. It will go by very quickly. Make new friends and make memories that will last a lifetime.
- Success in anything begins with being present. Be present physically and mentally everyday.
- Your effort will determine how far you will go. Nothing worth having is ever easy.
- Come to school with a positive attitude everyday. You choose what type of day you are going to have.
- Your choices define your character, who you are. Do the right thing, even when you think that no one is looking.
- Sleep well. Getting enough sleep is critical for your body and brain to function well.
- Eat right. Healthy and balanced meals give your body and mind energy to work well throughout the day.
- Do your homework. Making it a habit to do your homework each night will help you practice skills and to be prepared for assessments.
- Pay attention in class. Focusing and using class time wisely is one of the keys to getting ahead in Jr. High.
- Get Involved. Research shows that school involvement can be a big determining factor for your success.
- Ask for help. Whether it is academic, social, or emotional help, there are adults at the school ready and willing to help you.
- Stay organized. A little organization goes a long way in Jr. High.
- Make goals. Come up with something you want to attain by the end of each quarter, make a plan and stick to it.
- Take risks. Jr. High is the time when you start to grow up and figure out who you are in the world. Take risks and be brave!