Student Recognition @ 8th Grade Awards Ceremony
8th grade students have the opportunity to gain special recognition in the following areas:
- AVID Scholarship: AVID student awarded a scholarship.
- CJSF Honor Members: Students who are a member of CJSF for at least 6 of the 8 quarters during their 7th and 8th grade years. Students must qualify in at least 2 quarters during each school year. Students must apply to be a member.
- Community Service: Students who provide at least 25 hours of community service outside of their regular classroom hours.
- Perfect Attendance: Students who are on time to every class, every day during their 8th grade year. (No absences, No tardies, No early check-outs)
- President’s Award for Academic Excellence: Students who earn a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher during their 8th grade year AND scored standards exceeded on the SBAC in either ELA or Math
- Principal’s Award: One male and one female student who epitomizes what it is to be a student at Mitchell Senior will be chosen by the principal. The students chosen will have strong academics, above average attendance, no discipline consequences, take part in activities on and off campus and would be considered a role model for other students.
- Principal’s Honor Roll: Students who receive a 4.0 GPA during all quarters of their 8th grade year.
- Teacher’s Award: Each 8th grade teacher will select one student, based on any criteria that they determine.